Friday, August 26, 2005

Guitar Hero


Today something happened that has only happened to me once before. I went to see a film and was the only person in the screening. The last time was when I went to see 'Hable con ella' a pretty poor film. Tonight I saw 'Dear Wendy', another poor film. Written by Lars Von Trier the film looked to have some cool/hip moments with it's Zombies soundtrack, good enough for Friday viewing. I felt like apologising to the projectioner for wasting their time but they weren't there. Probably got bored and left. Which reminds me. I never saw any cigarette marks indicative of the need to change the reels throughout the film. Are films these days all on one single spool or has there been a switch over to some form of digital screenings without my knowledge? Being now probably one of the only people to have watched this film in Wolverhampton I feel it my responsiblility to inform the masses of the city about this bad film. A picket perhaps?

Oh yeah, the image. Ok I'm sure your all aware by now that there is a bunch of photoshop hocum going on here. The original photo was of my dear friend Alexandros Illiakis. A picture taken by his father at a Bolek & Lolek gig. For the uninitiated, Bolek & Lolek are Alex and his compatriot John (Ioannis) (I won't even attempt his surname). A simple duo combining the dream combination of guitar and accordion. Their first eponymous release has some real gems. So anyway, I created this image from that. I really like the fact that you can still make out the gaudy shirt but that it is mixed with the always cool image of the guitar tooting hero. Miami Vice meets Bruce Springsteen meets The Seventh Seal. I imagine some pretty wicked noises coming from that amplifier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home