Friday, September 02, 2005

The Hand That Won't Rock The Cradle


As I'm off to London for the weekend and have an exam in an hour I thought I would post this partly to let up the boredom of revision. That is not to detratct from this image though.
It looks like such an old image, like it could be a farm daughter's hand going to pick up a jug of milk. All those dark shadows remind me of all those sort of Dorothy Lange and earlier photos. But of course there's also the feature of the computer as well. Such a mundane activity as pushing round the small plastic mouse, as you may be doing now, made to look so beautiful. I suppose it's also in the hand protrayed. Wouldn't have worked quite so well with my hand I don't think. The picture was taken in my bedroom in front of the only window which on frequent occasions gets some really odd light coming through. Almost cinematic at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home