Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dial M For Murder


Here's today's image. It's a returning star of this page. Mr Alexandros Illiakis. Last seen in his Hawaiian shirted shadow in the Guitar Hero post. This was during a shoot that I did where, for the first and so far last time, I used lights and thought about shots a bit more than usual. I bought some garden centre style outdoor lighting and hey presto with the help of a very dark room lots of really deep shadows were created. This is one of my favourites from that shoot. Most of the time when I take a roll of film and the photos are processed I can remember taking each shot and normally why. In this case however I have absolutely no recollection of taking it. Maybe Joe (who was also present) took it? Not actually remembering taking the shot I had to work it out. Is that a telephone I thought. We had some props but I don't remember a telephone. I have resigned myself that the sort of earpiece looking thing is a reflection or an out of focus piece of furniture that has caught a little light. The picture looks rather film-noirish and brings to mind a horror version of the Third Man. Alex has to be the most pervasive presence in all of my photos. He has this strange ability to completely change features between consequtive shots and become unrecognisebale as himself. Easy to photograph, he knows how to have fun in front of the camera. Obviously the greatest part of this shot is the eye. What an actor. Maybe he knows what he was holding? Thinking? Up to? I will let you know if he knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home