Sunday, October 09, 2005

And The Skies Will Burn..

So here was the colour of the sky as
Wolverhampton
was raised to the ground. Vast fires broke out, spreading across the city destroying the entire city centre. One witness said "now we can build something decent".

This morning the sky attempted to bring about these scenes single handedly perhaps pointing the way to the other forces of nature. If the sky was on fire the earth was not a willing partner. Vulcan was trapped in the hemispheres barred from wrecking havoc on us mortals. But what a scene it did distill.

I have a theory that talking about an event occurring makes it less likely to happen. In this instance I am talking about plane crashes. Now I am not really scared of flying but I thought at least if it happens then I will have at least passed some comment with time to ponder rather than just something fatuous like "bugger" or whatever springs to mind in the spiraling wreckage. Also if something does happen then I will be seen as some sort of neo-nostradamus, with the added ability to write in a coherent manner. I am sure we would all be lying if we did not think about such events when participating in such apparently dangerous activities and that is part of the attraction. So does my writing about possible disaster ward off any possible mishap? Can it be that I will be one of the unlucky few and make those statistics tables. If so, how much less likely will it be having written about it prior to the event. Could I move in to some super category of self-prophesists. Maybe a trip to Delphi to speak with Apollo himself is in order? Do you think he still frequents the area. So these could be my final words. Maybe I should have taken more time over them. Thought a little and turned them into a more coherent strand. Is this a sign to start writing my death bed speak. A long soliloquy meant for the ears of others. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word bugger. Will I have anything to say, I sure as hell don't have anything earth-shattering to say now. When is that inspiration going to come. One day it could knock we out with its obviousness. Unlikely you think.



By the way I here by give permission to one and all to edit my words into something more coherent and eminently more publishable upon my demise. Just erect a statue in my honor I ask.

So, off to Greece we go.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home