Thursday, October 27, 2005

Mesmene Traufalau


Haven't been in a writing mood recently so well there we go. I would today however like to introduce one of the characters from mine and Alex's upcoming film project, Mesmene Traufalau. During the filming of the film we would take copious pictures of all the characters to allow the actors to sink into the characters a little more before playing the roles. The results were some pretty cool photos in their own right. I am sure this picture can tell you alot about the character, played by Alex's sister Daphne. I have been thnking about producing a comic book for a while now. However due to my lack of suitably good drawing skills photoshop may hold the answer. I am sure if I could make all the images therein look as good as this then it would be absolutely superb. The problem seems to be maintaining any consistency of style throughout, the process seems to be very hit and miss. Sometimes even the best original images just don't transform well but other extremely boring pictures just buzz after a small fiddle. Maybe I will do a comic of this film. I had intended to create a comic of the 'Black Dog' film but this has really gone nowhere as there were just endless pictures but no real way of telling the story easily. This new film contains far more dialogue and monologue so should fit the comic genre much better.

I think that I have finished the cover for the Soundtrack album, just needs confirming with Alex and then I will release it on the world.

Ok, so I posted this picture with all the comments above but I think I will have to add some more because upon having posted this picture it just looks ace, don't you agree! Sometimes this presentation does wonders for the images. I think the thing that makes the picture is the background. All those converging stark lines really pull you in. Black and white comics always look so much cooler than their colour counterparts especially the murky colours of such otherwise briliant works like 'Watchmen', never really liked that whole look. I am sure a huge part of the appeal as to be the subject. Sexy looking girl staring right down the lens at you. But I'm sure most girls would agree it's still a cool image. The funny thing is that the hair seems to be one of the highlights, a very wild unkempt look. In reality the wig looked pretty cheap and slightly ridiculous in my opinion. I think this one rivals if not surpasses Ben Haggar with guitar for favourite recent picture. Don't expect another post for a while as I will be reluctant to knock this off the top spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home